of sonnets and poetry

by Jake | 7:08 AM in |

On the way home from Nationals, Andrew and I had some really interesting conversations about poetry. I even got to look on as Andrew wrote a sonnet on the ride home. This really inspired me to give metered poetry a try. With help from Andrew, this is my first attempt.


I see through eyes of tainted kind,
The truth, the world, my trite, my whole.
Assured of things I've not divined,
My heart is that which lies console.
Within my pride, I try to think,
That I am right within my wrongs.
My hollow faith begins to sink,
Too far away from hallowed throngs.
I stand alone without a choice.
My lies, my vice hath brought me here.
I hope and wait to hear a voice
Of One I know, Who stills my fear.
And now my soul, it doth so pine,
To now behold that glorious sign.

3 comments:

  1. Luke on June 24, 2009 at 11:35 AM

    Wow. I'll have to try it myself somtime.

     
  2. A&A on June 24, 2009 at 2:57 PM

    I, like this. A lot. My friends are so talented! :D

     
  3. Andrew on June 25, 2009 at 6:49 AM

    I can't agree more with that sentiment. :) Good job!

     

Followers

About me